The Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC Scholarship Program is designed to help high school seniors and college students who are interested in pursuing an institution of higher education. With combined scholarship grants worth $4,500, we are excited to help students achieve their goals as we recognize the value of education as a vital foundation for the creation and fulfillment of advantageous careers. We look forward to reviewing your application, and wish you success in all your future endeavors.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident.
- Be accepted to an institution of higher learning.
- High school seniors who are 18+ (or need parent written consent) and all college students (2 year tech, or 4 year university, colleges, undergraduates)
Employees of Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, Consultwebs.com, Inc., their boards of directors and immediate family members are not eligible for this essay contest.
The following documents must be provided for consideration (.doc, .docx, or .pdf format only) to the attention of Hannah E. Holliday via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An official copy of a current academic transcript.
- Proof of legal residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, driver’s license, permanent resident card, etc.).
- Proof of acceptance to an institution of higher learning.
- Submit a digital photo (.jpg) of yourself.
- A one-page essay of 600 words with the focus on: PERSONAL INJURY – CONCUSSIONS IN SPORTS
Do you think that there is enough emphasis on safety in sports to prevent concussions? What do you think we should do to curb concussions in high school athletics?
Please include the following, in addition to the requirements set forth above:
- Include your full name, email address, mailing address and phone number at the top of your essay. This will be the information that we use to contact you if your essay is selected as the winner, but will not be shared with the public if you become a finalist. If you are one of the 3 winners, your name and image will be shared with the public.
- Please include 1-2 sentences about yourself. (What school, college or university you attend or plan to attend and your plans for the future, and what school you are attending now.)
Application materials should be emailed in .pdf, .doc or .docx format only to Hannah E. Holliday at email@example.com.
- Essay submissions open: February 15, 2017
- Essay submissions close: April 30, 2017
- Winners contacted and announced by: May 15, 2017
OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES:
All entries submitted to Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC in connection with this contest, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC upon submission.
Entry materials will not be returned to any entrant. By submitting an entry, you acknowledge that if you win the scholarship contest, Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC will own all rights to publish and promote the submission.
USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS
All entrants agree that they consent to the use of their name and area of residence, as well to the use of their likeness (as in a photograph) and prize information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email:
We will be awarding$2,500
We will be awarding$1,500
We will be awarding$500
- First Place: Jennifer Slogar
- Second Place: Jonathan Romero
- Third Place: Tessa Gagne