Our Blog

27 Nov 2017

How do you treat road rash from a motorcycle accident?

by James Holliday, posted in Florida Case Law

How do you treat road rash from a motorcycle accident?

In motorcycle accidents, people often suffer what’s known as road rash injuries. The most important thing is after a motorcycle accident is to get out of harm’s way and get off the road. There are generally three types of road rash injuries and they’re classified much like burn injuries are. There’s first degree, second degree, and third degree. A first-degree road rash looks like a carpet burn and it doesn’t really break the skin. The 2nd-degree road rash will have breakage of the outer skin and can lead to permanent scarring. A third-degree road rash requires immediate medical attention. It is serious damage to the outer and inner layers of the skin and there will need to be urgent medical care because it will likely become infected and lead to scarring. Here at Holliday Karatinos, we handle motorcycle accident cases for our clients. We’d be glad to meet with you. Please come in and we’ll sit down and talk and figure out together if we have a case.

Memberships & Recognitions