Many of the car accident victims that our legal team at assists are safe, responsible drivers. They are left with the consequences of the careless and reckless driving of others. Our law firm fights to protect their rights and pursue all compensation they are due. We give clients the care and attention they would expect from a small law firm, but with more than five decades of combined legal experience, our Brooksville car accident lawyers have the resources and experience to take on even the most challenging cases.
A Brooksville Car Accident Attorney Can Help
Florida accident victims have the right to pursue compensation for their injuries by filing a personal injury claim. If you were recently injured in a car accident in Brooksville, or if you have suffered the tragic loss of a loved one in an auto accident, please contact us to discuss your case. Our Brooksville personal injury attorneys can provide a free, immediate consultation. You will pay us nothing unless you get paid.
What Steps Should I Follow if I Get into an Auto Accident?
If you get into a motor vehicle accident in Brooksville, Florida, or a nearby area, you should make sure to take these six steps:
- Immediately get medical care. You must see a doctor within 14 days to preserve your rights to compensation under Florida’s no-fault law. Plus, the longer you delay treatment, the harder it may be to collect compensation. An insurance company may claim that your injuries are not from your crash, or they are not as serious as you say they are.
- Report your accident to your insurance company. Again, under Florida law section 316.065 (and your insurance contract), you must report your accident right away. You don't have to admit or assign fault. You can simply provide the basic facts.
- Gather your paperwork. Collect all your medical bills, receipts, and anything else you think might be relevant to your claim such as letters or e-mails from the insurance company. You should also hold on to any photos from the accident and the contact information of witnesses.
- Get the police crash report. The police department that investigated the crash such as the Hernando County Sheriff's Office will create an official record. You need to obtain this report as soon as possible. For most departments, you can obtain a copy by requesting one through the Florida Highway Patrol.
- Do not speak to the insurance company without a lawyer. You should never give a recorded statement or accept a settlement offer from an insurance company until you talk with a lawyer first.
- Contact a lawyer. As soon as you are medically stable and capable of doing so, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Hernando County who will work hard to protect your rights and pursue all compensation that you are due.
Recovering Damages for Your Injuries
Taking legal action with the help of a skilled car accident lawyer can help you recover losses related to your accident, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage; and
- Pain and suffering
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help You?
Our goal will be to recover maximum compensation for you. This means our car accident lawyers will perform a thorough investigation into your case and help with all aspects of your claim, from start to finish. Here are just a few ways our firm works for our clients:
- No-fault claims – Under Florida law, you first must file a claim with your own insurance policy for compensation under your no-fault personal injury protection (PIP) policy. We can handle this process to make sure that everything is filed properly. This will preserve your rights to pursue additional compensation from the at-fault driver's insurance company, assuming you meet the qualifications for additional compensation.
- Claims against at-fault drivers – To bring a claim against the other driver, you must have a serious injury, which is often a point of debate with the insurance company. Under Florida law, a serious injury is defined as:
- A serious and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Other serious or permanent injuries
- Support your claim – Your dedicated attorney can help take you through your insurance claim and help you demonstrate that your injuries are severe and require complete compensation – not just payments through your PIP policy.
- Identifying all liable parties – We will work hard to identify everyone who may be responsible for compensating you for your injuries. These can include the other driver, his or her passengers, a bar or restaurant that served the other driver too much alcohol, a social host who gave a minor driver alcohol, or a company that employed a negligent driver who hurt you.
- Pursuing a settlement – We know it is important to our clients that they get back on their feet fast. We fight to settle your case whenever possible. We will leverage our years of experience and our successful trial verdicts when we deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Going to court – We are not afraid to take cases to court and pursue jury verdicts. Sometimes insurance companies won't be reasonable, and there's no other choice. Our lawyers are prepared to provide your personal injury case with aggressive legal representation.
- Helping with other matters, too – Our service doesn't stop with pursuing compensation for our clients. An auto accident attorney can help you to resolve your property damage claim, resolve liens and unpaid medical bills and deal with creditors while your case is pending. In other words, we will do everything we can to help minimize the impact on your life.
Holliday & Karatinos is Ready to Help You
With more than five decades of collective legal wisdom and experience, our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve. If you are injured in a car crash anywhere in the Brooksville area or Hernando County, call Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, and schedule a confidential and free consultation today. We will never collect a fee unless we recover compensation on your behalf. So, you have nothing to lose by finding out how we can help.
Office Location and Hours
Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC - Brooksville Office
15316 Cortez Blvd
Brooksville, FL 34613
Phone: (352) 290-7481
Fax: (352) 597-8600