Driving is one of the most dangerous things we do every day. Despite the advances in automotive safety technology and the many grassroots roadway safety campaigns, more than 1,000 cars crash annually in the Inverness area.
When they least expect it, and possibly when they can least afford it, residents of Inverness can find themselves victims of another's carelessness, recklessness, or negligence.
"Two out of three motorists will be involved in an injury-causing accident during their life." Drive.Safely.Net
Don't battle the complexities of an Inverness car accident alone. The experienced Inverness car accident lawyers at Holliday Karatinos Law Firm offer a no-cost case evaluation. We are here to help, and we are on your side. Protect your legal right to recovery and call us now.
The Benefits of Hiring Our Local Law Firm
Car accident victims can give themselves a hometown advantage when they choose the personalized client-centric legal service we pride ourselves on at Holliday Karatinos Law Firm.
We proudly serve and have offices conveniently located in Inverness. Our experienced lawyers are active members of local professional organizations, have strong ties within the legal community, and, over the years, have built a comprehensive network of valuable local resources such as investigators, expert witnesses, accident reconstructionists, and financial experts to help build a strong case for our clients.
Attorney James Holliday is recognized as one of the "Best Attorney" Lifetime Charter Members in Florida a distinction afforded to only the most qualified and accomplished attorneys in the United States.
He was selected as one of America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators and is a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, as well as a member of:
- Top 100 Lawyers in America
- National Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
Ted Karatinos, a managing member of the firm, is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and is published in:
- Barrister Magazine
- The Young Lawyer
- The Federal Lawyer
- The Florida Bar Journal
Do You Need an Inverness Car Accident Lawyer?
Yes, you do.
If you are reading this, the chances are good that you need the help of a car accident attorney following an accident. Injuries, property damage, and other losses from someone's negligent behavior can leave a family with mounting medical bills and an uncertain financial future.
The defendant will have legal representation that will take advantage of you. Let our experienced attorneys deal with the legal system and protect you.
Above all else, following an injury-causing car accident, have a medical evaluation, document the particulars of the visit, and follow the health care provider's recommendations.
Take the time you need to heal, then take a moment to ask yourself:
- Is the other driver denying fault?
- Was the other driver given a citation?
- Is your vehicle estimated to be beyond repair?
- Has an insurance company requested access to your medical records?
- Have you been told your damages are not covered?
- An insurer alleges that your damages are not covered
- An insurer requests access to your medical history
- Did you receive a lowball settlement?
- Was the responsible party driving a company vehicle?
- Was the responsible party driving a commercial vehicle?
- Were there multiple vehicles involved?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, call the Inverness car accident lawyers at Holliday Karatinos Law Firm. We are here to protect accident victims and their families.
Florida’s Car Accident Statistics Are Eye-Opening
- Florida ranks 10th for the state with the worst drivers
- Florida saw 249,352 traffic-related injuries in a recent calendar year statewide, with 1,348 of these in the Inverness area
- Florida ranks among the top states with the most hit-and-run fatal car accidents
Most T-bone accidents happen at intersections when a driver makes an illegal left-hand turn or one motorist fails to yield the right of way.
Most rear-end accidents happen at relatively low speeds, such as while driving in a congested area or at stop signs and red lights when a distracted driver hits the car in front of them. Following too closely, or tailgating, causes many rear-end accidents.
When the sides of two motor vehicles collide, either car (or possibly both) can easily be pushed into another travel lane.
When a vehicle becomes unbalanced while making a turn, driving into a curve, or traveling too fast for roadway conditions, there is a likelihood that the car will flip over. This is especially true for vehicles with a high center of gravity.
The leading causes of head-on crashes are driving the wrong way on a one-way street or crossing over a double yellow line directly into oncoming traffic.
Factors That May Contribute to an Inverness Car Accident
A driver's laissez-faire attitude and disregard for common safety standards cause many motor vehicle accidents.
A survey conducted by AAA Foundation For Traffic Safety reveals:
- 42.7 percent of those asked admitted to driving through a stoplight as it turned red
- 23.9 percent of drivers believe that driving 15 miles per hour over the speed limit on a freeway is acceptable
- 30.8 percent admit to driving when they were "so tired that they had a hard time keeping their eyes open"
- 13.5 percent reported driving when their alcohol levels "might have been close to or possibly over the legal limit"
Both alcohol consumption and fatigue can negatively impact a motorist's depth perception, cognitive functions, decision-making ability, coordination, and reaction time. Tired, impaired, and distracted drivers are a serious threat to the safety of others.
According to the Population Reference Bureau, Florida ranks number two nationally as the state with the largest population over age 65 21.3 percent (only slightly behind Maine's 21.8 percent.)
Older drivers have more health issues (diabetes, cardiac conditions, Parkinson's disease, and dementia) that may predispose them to contribute to car accidents. For example, a decline in visual acuity, the need for prescription medications, and a lack of physical strength.
Generally, older folks are more anxious when navigating high-speed highways and tend to be cautious to a fault. Sometimes driving too slow is as dangerous as speeding.
Additionally, crash avoidance technology can be confusing for older drivers. Many do not fully understand the workings and capabilities of automated driving assistance and become frightened when they spontaneously take control of a vehicle.
Our nearby beaches and family amusement parks attract visitors from all over the country. Many visitors travel in from out of state by car or rent a vehicle at the airport and don’t know the roads. This in itself is a significant cause of distracted driving.
Vehicle Equipment Failure
Equipment failure becomes a concern with many large commercial trucks on our roads. Federal mandates require regular maintenance of a truck's equipment. Still, fleet owners may ignore these regulations and allow unsafe vehicles to share the road with unsuspecting motorists.
What makes a road dangerous? A crumbling infrastructure, potholes, broken and uneven pavement, a lack of warning signs, missing guardrails and the list could go on.
Is an accident caused by a dangerous road compensable? Yes. When government entities fail to maintain the roads promptly or ignore known hazards, they may be held financially responsible for an accident victim's losses.
The Inverness personal injury attorneys at Holliday Karatinos Law Firm have recovered more than $145 million in compensation for our clients. We remain committed to helping those harmed by someone else's negligence receive maximum compensation for their losses. Don't hesitate to seek legal help we can help you get your life back in balance.
Common Inverness Car Accident Injuries
Any injury suffered in a car accident is an injustice when the cause of the incident is another's negligent action. Unfortunately, some car accident injuries can leave a person with life-changing and life-threatening collateral damage.
The severity of the injury can depend on the type of accident, the size of the vehicles involved, the speed the vehicles were traveling, the age and general physical health of the passengers, and the position of the passengers in the car at the time of the accident.
Common injuries can include:
- Severe burns
- Head and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Joint or muscle injury/damage
- Internal organ damage
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Crush injuries
- Injury to both upper and lower extremities
- Traumatic amputation
Collateral damage may include:
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring
- Psychological trauma and anxiety
- Severe blood loss
- Cognitive impairment
- Fear anxiety. depression
- Permanent disability
- Neurological damage
- Vision loss
- Loss of sexual function
- Bladder and bowel issues
- Respiratory problems
Possible Compensation for Injuries in an Inverness Car Accident
Some possible examples of economic and non-economic damages in an Inverness car accident compensation settlement may include:
- Emergency room services
- Physician and surgeon's bills
- Hospital charges
- Diagnostic testing
- Follow up care
- Nursing services
- Travel expenses to and from treatment(s)
- Projected future healthcare costs
Lost Income and Loss of Future Income
- Lost advancement opportunity
- Missed bonuses and/or commissions
- Loss of corporate-sponsored benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium with a spouse
- Changes to the family dynamic
- Social withdrawal
- Necessary home modifications
- Adaptive equipment
- The cost of replacement services such as child care, cooking, home maintenance, alternative transportation
- Job retraining
How an Inverness Car Accident Attorney Can Help?
The legal team at Holliday Karatinos Law Firm leverages our 50 years of combined experience to help an injured family navigate the complexities of an injury-causing car accident.
Working together, we can:
- Curate, review, and analyze all pertinent evidence
- Establish liability
- Arrange for expert witnesses and accident reconstructionists
- Complete all necessary administrative paperwork in a timely fashion
- Handle all communication with various insurance companies
- Enter into settlement negotiations
- Take a claim to trial if necessary
- Preserve and protect each client's rights
At the Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, our Inverness car accident lawyers are totally committed to guiding our clients and their families through what we know is one of the most trying and stressful times in their lives.
We pride ourselves in treating each one the way we would treat our family. We are proud of the open, honest communication we give to all those who come to us for help, and we are humbled by the trust they place in us. We tackle complex cases and don't stop when the going gets tough.