Holliday Karatinos Law Firm is dedicated to representing individuals and families who have suffered a serious injury or fatality. Compared to other types of motor vehicle crash cases, such as car accidents, 18 wheeler accident cases are more complicated because there may be multiple parties at fault.
Here’s how Holliday Karatinos will get the compensation you deserve
- 50+ years of experience
- Personalized attention to YOUR case
- Work fast to obtain evidence
- We know how to deal with insurance companies
- Settlement negotiating
- Winning in the courtroom
Experienced Florida Truck Accident Lawyer
For more than 50 years, our truck accident lawyers have been protecting people like you, who have been injured in serious truck crashes. Our lawyers will bring more than fifty years of personal injury experience to your truck accident case. We have the financial backing to pursue even the most complex truck crash cases but still provide you with the personalized attention that only a boutique firm can offer.
Types of Truck Accidents
The most significant difference between a commercial truck accident and a car crash is the greater extent of damages and injuries. Because big-rigs, 18-wheelers and tractor-trailers can weigh in excess of 80,000 pounds, a collision with an automobile or pedestrian can more easily result in debilitating injury and death.
There are many types of truck accidents and they are typically identified as
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Broadside collisions
- Right-hand squeeze collisions, when a driver attempts to pass a truck on the right-hand side, not realizing the truck is making a wide right turn
- Centerline crossover collisions
- Bump collisions
- Lane change collisions
- Jack-knifed tractor-trailers
- Loss of control of a vehicle
- Loss of truck control by a truck driver
- Hit and run truck accident
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover?
- Medical Costs: This includes all expenses for past and future care, such as ambulance, emergency room, hospital care, surgery, and physical therapy costs, assistive medical devices, and prescription medications.
- Wages: You may recover your lost wages if your injuries prevent you from working following a truck crash. If you are not capable of returning to your profession due to limitations imposed by your injuries, you may recover future lost wages for the remainder of your working life.
- Pain and Suffering: Though this is difficult to quantify, you may recover financial compensation for pain that you endured following an accident as well as the pain that you will likely endure for the rest of your life.
If the crash resulted in a fatality, the family of the deceased may recover compensation for the loss of financial support as well as the intangible loss they will experience due to the death.
Large Truck & Passenger Vehicle Crashes
A study conducted by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) found that over half of all crashes between a large truck and passenger vehicles occurred because of
- Interruption of the traffic flow
- Unfamiliarity with roadway
- Inadequate surveillance
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Illegal maneuver
- False assumption of other road user’s actions
- Distraction by object or person inside the vehicle
What Factors in a Truck Accident are Relevant to an Investigation?
Here’s how Holliday Karatinos will get the compensation you deserve if you were injured in a truck collision. We regularly work with accident investigators, re-constructionists, and other professionals to gather the evidence needed to win a case. Here are some of the efforts we take to win our clients’ cases.
- Taking sworn statements from parties and witnesses
- Ordering police and investigative reports
- Reviewing video camera footage
- Studying the sequence of traffic control devices
- Analyzing data from black-box recorders
Our truck accident attorneys only collect a fee if we secure compensation on your behalf. You never have to worry about up-front fees or monthly legal bills. If you or a loved one was injured in a collision with a semi-truck, we urge you to contact a lawyer today. We invite you to contact our office today for a free review of your case with an experienced attorney.