Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Spring Hill, FL
Motorcycle riders are much more vulnerable to injury than other motorists in an accident because they typically only have their helmets and clothing to shield them from the impact. While most motorists are able to rely on safety features like airbags and seatbelts and the outer shell of their vehicle, motorcyclists can’t depend on any of those safety precautions. As a result, motorcycle riders often suffer catastrophic and even fatal injuries.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial losses related to the accident. At Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, we have the skill and experience necessary to help you fight for the best possible outcome in your case so that you can begin to rebuild your life. Contact us today for a free consultation with a lawyer in Spring Hill, Florida.
How Holliday Karatinos Can Help in My Motorcycle Case
Navigating the claims process after a motorcycle accident can be complex and stressful, especially if you are recovering from injuries. We’ll guide you through every step of your case and protect your rights throughout the process.
The at-fault party’s insurance company may offer you a quick settlement soon after the accident in hopes that you’ll settle for less. We’ll help you understand how much your case might be worth and fight for your full recovery.
Our team has the knowledge and resources to thoroughly investigate your claim, gather and preserve evidence to support your case, and exhaust all possible avenues for compensation.
We’ll leverage the strength of the case we develop on your behalf to negotiate aggressively for the full financial recovery you’re due. If the other side’s insurance company fails to offer a fair settlement for your losses, we’ll be fully prepared to take your case to court, if necessary.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Spring Hill, FL
Some common types of motorcycle accidents that occur in Spring Hill include:
- Head-on collisions – A head-on collision occurs when a motorcycle rider is struck in front by an oncoming vehicle that is moving in the opposite direction.
- Lane splitting accidents – Lane splitting, which is prohibited by Florida law, occurs when motorcycles pass between lanes of traffic, often because traffic is moving slowly. This should not be confused with lane sharing, where two motorcyclists share a single lane side by side. Lane splitting accidents can occur due to a lack of space between lanes of traffic, as well as when drivers attempt to change lanes without looking for other nearby motorists.
- Left-hand turn collisions – Motorcycle riders are also frequently struck by drivers who attempt to make left-hand turns while a motorcycle rider is passing or riding straight through an intersection.
- Speeding accidents – Speeding can be particularly harmful to motorcyclists. If motorcyclists are hit by a speeding vehicle, they could sustain life-altering or even fatal injuries due to the force of the impact.
- Fixed object accidents – When a motorcyclist collides with a fixed object, they may be thrown from their bike, which can be especially dangerous if the motorcyclist is not wearing the proper protective gear.
- Road hazard accidents – Potholes, uneven lanes, wet pavement, and other road hazards can make motorcyclists more likely to get into an accident.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Spring Hill, FL
Knowing what to do in the moments, days, and weeks after the accident can give you some peace of mind. After a Spring Hill accident, you should:
- Call 911 – Immediately call law enforcement to the scene or have someone else call. Law enforcement will make a police report that you will need to obtain later to help support your case.
- Get driver information – Obtain the insurance, license, and contact information of any other drivers involved in the accident.
- Get witness information – Ask for the contact details of any bystanders who may have witnessed the crash, as they can provide valuable testimony in support of your claim later.
- Take photos and videos of the scene – If you can, take photos and videos of the scene from as many angles as you can. Capture footage of your injuries, motorcycle damage, debris, and the accident scene.
- Seek medical attention – Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Gather documents – Gather important documentation, such as the police report, your medical records, hospital bills, prescription medication receipts, and documentation for any other expenses resulting from the accident.
- Don’t post on social media – Refrain from posting about the accident on social media until your case is resolved.
- Consult with an attorney – A seasoned motorcycle accident attorney in Spring Hill, FL will be able to properly assess your case, assist you in calculating damages, and help you seek the full amount of compensation you are entitled to.
How Fault Is Determined in a Motorcycle Accident
Florida is a no-fault state, which means that when someone is involved in an accident, they typically turn to their own insurance policy (known as personal injury protection, or PIP, in Florida) to cover expenses related to the accident.
However, motorcycles are not included in Florida’s no-fault system, which means that motorcyclists are not required to carry PIP insurance. Instead, motorcyclists can pursue compensation through an injury claim (if the at-fault driver has liability insurance) or a lawsuit.
To do this, you will need to prove that the other driver is negligent and liable for the accident. To establish liability, you will need to show:
- The motorist who caused the crash had a duty of care to prevent accidents.
- The motorist breached that duty by behaving in a negligent manner, such as by speeding or running a red light.
- The negligence of the at-fault driver caused the accident that resulted in your injuries.
- You sustained injuries in the collision.
Through a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation to cover losses, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Contact Holliday Karatinos for Help
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, contact one of our dedicated motorcycle accident lawyers in Spring Hill, Florida at Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC today. With over 50 years of collective experience, we have the knowledge and experience needed in your case. We can conduct an independent investigation into the accident on your behalf, gather evidence to support your claim, and ultimately pursue the compensation that you need to financially recover in the wake of the accident. We are also motorcycle enthusiasts in Spring Hill, so we better understand you and your thrill of riding. Contact us today for a free consultation.