In recent years, Lutz and North Tampa have seen massive growth. In 2000, most parts of Lutz were marked by rural back roads and citrus groves. Today, the area has the fourth-fastest rate of growth in the country, the Tampa Bay Times reports. While this is terrific news for local businesses and the overall economic strength of the region, traffic congestion can create major safety problems and raise the risk of car accidents. Below our Lutz car accident injury lawyers discuss more about the legal steps to file a personal injury claim in Lutz Florida.
About Our Lutz Auto Accident Law Firm
If you have been injured in a serious automobile collision or lost a loved one in a crash in the Lutz area, you need the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. At Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, we will give you the service and personalized attention you would expect from a small law firm, but we will also have the resources and experience to take on the most difficult and complex injury case. With more than 50 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys fight to win.
Contact us today to schedule a personal free consultation.
How Can Our Auto Accident Law Firm Help You?
From our conveniently located office on North Dale Mabry Highway, our law firm serves clients throughout Pasco and Hillsborough counties. Every case starts with a completely private and free consultation with one of our attorneys. At this consultation, you can feel free to ask questions and get early advice about your case. Likewise, your attorney will learn as much as possible about you, your accident and your injuries.
Some of the steps that Holliday Karatinos Law Firm can take on your behalf include:
- Investigation – An important step is investigating your injury. This may include gathering evidence, medical records, witness statements, photos, and other items that help to prove what happened.
- Calculation of damages – Next, by evaluating your medical expenses, lost income and many other factors, we will try to help you to better understand your potential recovery. Our attorneys will carefully look for all potential sources of compensation, from potentially responsible parties to insurance policies that may apply.
- Settlement negotiation – Once we have a good idea what your case is about and have the evidence to prove it, we will begin working to get the defendant (or insurance company) to pay up. We will handle all the settlement negotiations so you don’t have to.
- Litigation – If the insurance company and defendant won’t agree to pay what your case is worth, we may need to file suit. We will aggressively pursue justice through diligent and meticulous litigation. If we have to file suit in your case, you will likely have your case heard in one of our local circuit courts. Pasco County cases are filed in the Sixth Judicial Circuit, which has courthouses in Dade City and Port Richey, while Hillsborough County cases are filed in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, which has a courthouse in
Which Steps Should I Take after a Car Accident?
If you get into a crash in Lutz or a nearby area in Pasco or Hillsborough counties, you should take these steps:
- Immediately get medical care. You must be seen within 14 days to preserve your rights to compensation under Florida’s no-fault law. Plus, the longer you delay treatment, the harder it will be to collect compensation.
- Report your accident to your insurance company. Again, under Florida law (and your insurance contract), you must report your accident right away.
- Gather your paperwork. Collect all your photos, videos, medical bills, receipts and anything else you think might be relevant. Keep these items in a secure place. You can bring them to your initial consultation.
- Get the police crash report. The police department that investigated the crash will create an official record. You need to obtain this as soon as possible (or our firm can order a copy for you). For instance, to get a copy from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, you can request your crash report online. You can also obtain a copy by contacting the Florida Highway Patrol.
- Don’t give a statement to the insurance company. Do not give statements or accept any settlement offers from insurance companies until you talk with a lawyer first. Additionally, you should not give an insurance company access to your medical records.
- Contact a lawyer. As soon as you are medically stable and capable of doing so, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Florida who will work to protect your rights.
Contact Our Lutz Car Accident Attorneys Today
With more than five decades of collective legal experience and wisdom, you can count on the Lutz car accident attorneys at Holliday & Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, to fight for your rights and pursue justice for you. Don’t take chances handling your insurance claim alone.
Our firm does not charge big upfront retainers. Instead, we handle car accident cases in Lutz on a contingency fee basis. This means that we will advance the costs of handling your auto accident claim and will not charge you any legal fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict that benefits you. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our Lutz personal injury attorneys and find out more about your rights.