If you have been hurt or lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence in Lutz or any of the surrounding areas in Pasco or Hillsborough counties, you should explore all of your legal options. You can count on the skilled and compassionate attorneys of Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, to provide a listening ear and the legal guidance that you need.
Lutz Personal Injury Attorney
Our attorneys, Jim Holliday and Ted Karatinos, have more than five decades of legal experience. We give our clients the personal attention that they would expect from a small-town law firm while, at the same time, offering them the skill and resources to take on even the most complex cases against the most powerful defendants.
Since 2006, our firm has recovered more than $95 million for our clients in Lutz and throughout Florida. We want to help you, too. Contact us today to discuss your case. We never charge for consultations, and we get paid only if you do.
What Should You Do After an Accident in Lutz?
Even if you are a safe and responsible person, you cannot control what others do. Careless and reckless individuals cause accidents of all kinds in Lutz. These accidents hurt innocent people and wreak havoc on their lives. For this reason, you need to be prepared. Here are some simple steps to take if you are injured in an accident:
- Immediately get medical care. If your case involves a car accident, then you must be seen by a medical care professional within 14 days to preserve your right to compensation under Florida’s no-fault law. Plus, if you wait too long to get treatment, you give the insurance company room to argue that your accident did not cause your injuries.
- Report your accident. For instance, if you are hurt in a slip and fall at a store, you should file a report or complaint with the store’s management. If you are hurt in a car accident, you should notify the police (if an officer doesn’t come to the scene) as well as your insurance company.
- Gather everything. Collect all your photos, videos, medical bills, receipts, and anything else you think might be relevant such as contact information of eyewitnesses and letters or e-mails from the insurance companies. Keep these items in a secure place like a box or folder.
- Get the incident or crash report. If you were hurt in a car accident in Lutz, you can order a copy of the crash report from the law enforcement agency that responded to the crash such as the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office or Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. You can also go online and order a copy through the Florida Highway Patrol. If you were hurt on commercial property, you should check to see if an incident report was prepared.
- Don’t talk to the insurance company. An insurance adjuster may contact you within days – maybe even within hours – after your accident. You should decline to give a recorded statement or accept any settlement offer until you talk with a lawyer first. When you deal with an insurance company without legal representation, you put your claim at risk.
- Contact a lawyer. As soon as you are medically stable and capable of doing so, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Lutz who will work hard to protect your rights and pursue the compensation that you are due.
What Can You Expect When You Work with Our Lutz Personal Injury Law Firm?
Our firm’s Pasco County / North Tampa office is conveniently located on North Dale Mabry Highway near the intersection with Sunlake Boulevard. You can reach us by calling us, submitting our online contact form or by stopping by our office.
Your case will begin with a completely private and free consultation with one of our attorneys. This consultation will give you the opportunity to tell us all about your case and ask important questions such as:
- How long will my case take?
- What is the case worth?
- Who pays my medical bills?
- What if I lost income from work?
If we decide to take your case, and you decide you want to hire us, you will sign an agreement that will allow us to go to work for you right away. Some of the steps we will take on your behalf are:
- Investigate your accident – While you focus on your health, we will thoroughly investigate your case. We will gather all evidence related to your accident and injuries, including photos, witness statements and medical records.
- Calculate your damages – Next, by evaluating your medical expenses, lost income and other factors, we will calculate the appropriate amount to seek in damages on your behalf.
- Pursue compensation for you – Once we know what your case is about and have the evidence to prove it, we will seek a settlement from the insurance company (or companies) involved in your case. We will handle all communication and negotiation with the insurance company so you don’t have to face that stress and pressure.
- Litigate your claim – If the insurance company and defendant refuse to agree to pay what your case is worth, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf. We meticulously prepare cases for trial and know how to prevail in the courtroom. We also have extensive experience handling Lutz personal injury cases in Pasco County (Sixth Judicial Circuit) and Hillsborough County (Thirteenth Judicial Circuit).
Our Lutz Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our experienced attorneys have earned a reputation as relentless trial lawyers because of our outstanding work ethic and our thorough preparation of cases for trial. With more than 50 years of collective experience, our attorneys know how to fight to win. Due to this experience, we can handle a broad range of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including:
- Car accidents – We help auto accident victims with serious injuries to pursue damages beyond what personal injury protection (PIP) benefits provide and explore all available sources of compensation for them.
- Truck accidents – Our attorneys know how to handle these complex cases, including conducting immediate investigations so as to preserve crucial evidence. We also know the ins-and-outs of state and federal regulations that govern the trucking industry in Florida.
- Motorcycle accidents – We understand how drivers’ negligence often causes collisions with motorcyclists in Lutz and surrounding areas. We don’t let insurance companies get away with wrongfully shifting blame for a crash to the motorcycle rider. We aggressively protect our clients’ rights.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist accidents – As we have seen through the years, these crashes often occur because motor vehicle drivers fail to recognize when pedestrians and bicyclists have the right of way.
- Premises liability – Our law firm handles many different types of premises liability claims in the Lutz area, including those which involve slip and falls, inadequate security and swimming pool accidents. We work hard to hold negligent property owners accountable.
- Defective products – We have the skill and resources to take on major manufacturers, including companies that make and sell dangerous drugs and defective medical devices.
Our Lutz Personal Injury Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
At Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, we never charge a fee for a consultation, and we get paid only if we can recover money for our clients. We want to put our experience and resources to work for you today. Contact us to schedule your free consultation and find out more about how we can help you to pursue the compensation that you are due.
The Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC has focused its practice exclusively on personal injury matters, helping injured people in North Tampa and Pasco County, Florida. We have offices located in Lutz, Brooksville, and Inverness and we are dedicated to the communities we serve.
Our attorneys have more than five decades of combined legal experience. We prepare our cases thoroughly and work with the best experts, so the other side is more likely to offer a fair settlement in compensation for your injuries. We can negotiate skillfully on your behalf, and we are not afraid to go to trial if it is in your best interests.
Attorney James Wayne Holliday has been named as a “Best Attorney” Lifetime Charter Member in Florida, a distinction granted to less than one percent of the lawyers in the country. Attorney Ted Karatinos has been awarded lifetime membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. Our smart, respected, and trusted lawyers are the reason our firm won the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents Litigator Award for 2014.
Our North Tampa/Lutz Practice Areas
At the Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, we help clients who have sustained serious injuries because of someone else’s negligence pursue compensation for their losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our job is to help injured people seek recourse under the law.
Our firm handles a wide range of personal injury matters, including: car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, tree injury accidents, negligent security, and slip and fall accidents.
What Our Clients Say About Us
We’re delighted that our clients think enough about our services that they leave us positive reviews on sites such as Avvo.com. That includes this review from Maria:
“Mr. Holliday and his team handled and settled my case wonderfully. I was treated with great respect and kindness. He is a very knowledgeable attorney and I would highly recommend him.”
North Tampa/Lutz Legal Information
Negligence is a factor in many personal injury claims for compensation. In order to establish a right to compensation, the claimant must show that the:
- Defendant or responsible party had a duty to the claimant;
- Defendant breached that duty;
- Defendant’s breach of duty lead to the accident or injury; and
- Claimant suffered damages as a result.
Damages can be tangible, such as medical expenses, lost wages, or property damage, or intangible, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Office Location and Hours
Our hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday; Scheduled appointments after hours.