If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Lutz or the surrounding area, contact the skilled and compassionate personal injury attorneys of Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC. Our team has seen firsthand how severe the injuries from a motorcycle accident can be, and we fight to make sure that accident victims don’t pay out of pocket for a crash they didn’t cause.
Lutz Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
We believe in looking out for motorcyclists and protecting their rights. We fight insurance companies that try to use stereotypes and delay tactics to cheat injured motorcycle riders out of the compensation they need after a serious accident. We will do everything in our power to demand the full compensation that you are owed.
Our Lutz motorcycle accident attorneys offer a free, confidential consultation, during which we will answer all of your questions and help you understand the legal options available to you. When you choose to hire us, we will represent you without any upfront fees will only charge for our services if we recover money for you.
What Compensation Is Available After a Motorcycle Accident?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Lutz due to someone else’s negligence, you need to understand the types of compensation you may be able to recover. An experienced Lutz motorcycle accident lawyer can help you pursue payment for damages such as:
- Medical expenses (past, current, and future)
- Lost earnings
- Reduced earning capacity for the future
- Property damage costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium – also called “loss of affection” and “loss of companionship”
It is critical that you seek legal help as soon as possible following your motorcycle accident. At Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, we can provide you with smart legal advice and help you get to the right doctors who can treat you and begin documenting your injuries.
Our skilled motorcycle injury lawyers will negotiate aggressively with the insurers, and if they don’t offer you a settlement that covers all of your damages, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial to fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
How Long Do You Have to File a Motorcycle Injury Claim?
In personal injury cases, including motorcycle accident claims, there is a statute of limitations that limits the amount of time that an injured individual has to file a lawsuit against the responsible party for damages in civil court. When that time has elapsed, Florida law prohibits accident victims from filing a lawsuit to recover damages related to the motorcycle accident and the injuries sustained.
Under Florida law, people injured in a motorcycle accident generally have four years from the date of the crash to file a claim for compensation. The actual statute of limitations may be shorter depending on the specific facts of your case. We urge you to immediately contact a lawyer after you have been injured in a motorcycle accident.
What Are The Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Although drivers have a duty to watch out for motorcyclists, many do not. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Opening car doors into the path of motorcyclists
- Aggressive driving
- Failing to yield or obey traffic signals
- Driving under the influence
- Dangerous road conditions
- Defective motorcycle parts
These are just a few of the common causes of motorcycle accidents. Your Lutz motorcycle accident attorney will need to investigate your crash to determine the exact cause and identify all potentially liable parties.
What Injuries Are Most Common in Motorcycle Accidents?
Because motorcyclists ride out in the open, rather than inside the cage of an automobile frame, bike riders are among the most vulnerable motorists on the road. Motorcycle accidents are more likely than other types of auto accidents to result in severe injury or death. Below are some common injuries that can occur as a result of a motorcycle crash.
- Limb amputations – Due to their relative lack of protection, motorcyclists are often at higher risk of serious injuries that result in an arm or leg being amputated. Victims of limb amputations may need long-term care, prosthetics, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and job retraining to help them through the difficult recovery process.
- Spinal cord injuries – Damage to the spine is typically an extremely serious injury. These injuries can occur when a motorcyclist is hit directly by a vehicle or thrown from the bike. Spinal cord injuries can result in chronic pain, numbness, difficulty breathing, or paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – Traumatic brain injuries can range from mild to severe. TBI victims may be able to recover fully, or the injury could result in partial or complete paralysis or even death. Prompt medical attention is crucial for TBI victims so that a doctor can make a diagnosis and initiate a treatment plan.
- Broken bones – In many motorcycle crashes, the motorcycle will tip over. Oftentimes these accidents occur so quickly that the rider’s leg is still underneath the motorcycle, resulting in a fractured leg. Broken wrists and arms are also common in motorcycle accidents as riders will put a hand out to break their fall. Fractures of the shoulder and pelvis, as well as broken ribs, are also common.
- Road rash – When a motorcyclist’s body scrapes against the road during a crash, skin abrasions known as “road rash” occur. Road rash can involve serious damage to the outer and inner layers of the skin. This injury requires immediate medical attention because it can become infected and lead to scarring.
If you were seriously injured in a motorcycle crash, seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries may not be readily apparent, such as internal bleeding, or they may worsen over time. No matter the injury, see a doctor as soon as possible.
How An Attorney Can Help You After a Motorcycle Accident.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, the injury lawyers at Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC, are ready to fight for your right to compensation.
Our seasoned trial attorneys have over 50 years of combined legal experience. Call our Lutz office at (813) 868-1887 or complete our online form, and we will arrange a free confidential consultation to evaluate your case, assess your medical records, and discuss how we can help you.