Motor Vehicle Collisions

An auto accident can cause you pain and sometimes restless, sleepless nights. Your injuries may restrict you from returning to work leaving you to worry about how the medical bills will be paid. Maybe your insurance adjuster is giving you the runaround. Maybe you are just not familiar with Floridas No-Fault insurance and what rights you have.

Holliday Karatinos will handle your no-fault insurance claim and help you obtain the benefits you deserve. You will always be treated with respect, compassion, and consideration.

If you or a loved one were in a car wreck, you may be injured, you may have questions about what to do next, and you may not even know where to start. Get Started with a free consultation


What Exactly is a Traffic Collision

A traffic collision, also called a motor vehicle collision among other terms, occurs when a vehicle collides with another vehicle, pedestrian, animal, road debris, or other stationary obstruction, such as a tree, pole or building. Traffic collisions often result in injury, death, and property damage.((Global status report on road safety 2013: Supporting a decade of action (PDF) (in English and Russian). Geneva, Switzerland: world health organization WHO. 2013. ISBN 978-92-4-156456-4. Retrieved 3 October 2014.))


The Different Types of Collisions

Traffic collisions can be classified by general types. Types of collision include head-on, road departure, rear-end, side collisions, and rollovers(( “WHO | World report on road traffic injury prevention”.))


You keep saying collision, isnt it called an accident?

Many different terms are commonly used to describe vehicle collisions. The World Health Organization uses the term road traffic injury, while the U.S. Census Bureau uses the term motor vehicle accidents (MVA) ((The 2009 Statistical Abstract: Motor Vehicle Accidents and Fatalities”. Archived from the original on 25 December 2007.)) See accidents by definition are unintentional But, its more than semantics of calling an accident a crash or a crash an accident, according to a report published in 2016 by the federal Department of Transportation, 94 percent of crashes can be attributed to the driver (the other 6 percent is an even split between vehicle problems, environmental factors, and unknown reasons). Of driver-caused incidents, 41 percent were caused by “recognition errors,” or distracted driving, and 33 percent by recklessness or other errors in judgment. (There was no separate listing for intoxicated driving, which presumably spanned across categories.)

It may not seem like much but knowing terminology and how to apply it to specific cases for clients gives us an advantage when we represent you. We have seen the research and know that the smallest change can make the biggest difference to a victim of an automotive collision.((Stewart, A. E. and Lord, J. H. (2002), Motor vehicle Crash versus Accident: A change in terminology is necessary. J. Traum. Stress, 15: 333-335. doi:10.1023/A:1016260130224))


The Stats Don’t Lie

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration calculates that 2.3 million persons were injured nationwide in automobile accidents in one year. The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles provide a fantastic resource of traffic incidents. Below is the latest data for Hernando County. You can also visit their site to see more details or if you want to see current road conditions and automotive collisions visit our Florida Nav Map updated in real-time.

Traffic Collisions in Hernando CountyTraffic Collisions in Hernando County


Our Commitment

  • Answer all of your questions, including who is responsible for your medical bills and whether or not you need an attorney to represent you.
  • Represent you under a contingency fee agreement, which means there are no costs or fees whatsoever unless you win a settlement or recovery.
  • Charge no upfront fees so you never have to worry about picking up the phone and being charged to ask questions or learn if you do have a case.
  • Handle your no-fault insurance claim and help you attain the benefits you deserve, such as reimbursement for medical bills and lost wages, attendant care services, and more.
  • Work with the insurance adjuster so that you do not have to and can concentrate on your recovery.
  • Obtain all necessary evidence to help you win your case, including police reports, medical records, witness statements, and more.


Learn More At The Links Below


What Our Clients Say About Us

We’re proud of the legal work we do for our clients, and we thank them for the positive reviews they’ve left for us on sites such as That includes this review from Maria:

Mr. Holliday and his team handled and settled my case wonderfully. I was treated with great respect and kindness. He is a very knowledgeable attorney and I would highly recommend him.

Memberships & Recognitions